Banner

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pieced

So, there she is. All set up and ready to go. And go she did. On Sunday, I pulled her out of the box, watched the DVD and started rolling. It was much easier since I've used a sewing machine before, but this machine is very easy to use straight out of the box. My only complaint is that they have this handy dandy needle threader that makes me blinder than trying to thread the needle normally. It's this tiny hook that is supposed to go through the eye of the needle and you catch the yarn on it and it sucks the hook and the thread with it, through the eye of the needle. The problem is, that if the needle is a little askew, this way or that, then the hook doesn't go through the eye and you spend all your time trying to figure out whether the hook went through or not. It's just easier to thread the damn needle the old fashioned way or with one of those little silver dealies that look like dimes. Other than that, I got no complaints. Granted, I haven't done much with this, or any sewing machine before, but so far, so good. What you see here is a picture from a couple of days ago. I've actually managed to:
  1. finish piecing this project
  2. sew together the backing for it
  3. buy a bunch of other fabric for other projects
  4. wash some of that fabric
  5. restrain myself from using said fabric, and force myself to finish what I started
  6. learn how to spell peice peace piece.
So, the next hurdle is basting and machine quilting. And if all else fails, I've still got Ene - that might be missing a stich. Well, I've still got my embossed leaves socks - that might be missing a row. Hrm.....well, there's always save the date cards that need to be done, sooner rather than later. Oy, excuse me while I go bury my head in the sand.

-----------------------------
Thanks to everyone for the kind words about my back. I am seeing a doctor about it as it's not going away on its own, and I did finally get medicine for it. Which I forgot to take this morning, which is letting me know that the problem isn't just going away. I have had an MRI and it's something muscular, so we're on our way to figuring out what it is.

2 Comments:

  • That looks like SO much fun. I really really really (can you feel my excitement) want to get a sewing machine. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences as you continue to sew with your new Huskystar. I have a Bernina dealer around the corner from my house and I have been eyeing them for a while. I send get-well wishes your way. I had a muscular back pain and with a chiropractor and several weeks, the pain went away. Thank goodness it is not your spine!

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 8:24 AM  

  • Awesome! And all the way up to basting and machine quilting!

    Take your meds. Hope you feel better soon.

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home